Learn by doing — Writing real code in the browser means learning faster than you would with videos.
Free tier — Free basic access to all lessons forever. We’ll even hook you up with Pro features on a 7-day free trial.
$112,000 average salary
World’s most popular programming language
Top 10 most loved language by coders
Over 100 lessons covering everything from variables, comparisons, functions, arrays, loops, and objects.
And once you’ve completed it, you earn a free certificate proving your skills.
Lectures are comfortable, but don’t get you the interactive coding skills you need.
Each of our lessons features interactive coding challenges, or multiple-choice questions.
Fun, gamified learning at your pace
Complete coding challenges as if you were making your own game.
Student – Mexico
- Comparisons, if statements, and booleans
- Loops, and how you’d use them in real life situations
- Arrays, counting,
- Functions and scope, with coding challenges like creating your own Fahrenheit to Celsius calculator
- Objects and nesting properties within them, how they mutate, and keys
- Gamified learning as you create your own basic game, step by step
Chapter 1: Intro
console.logto print your first piece of code, and what “code” actually is
- Writing multiple instructions, using multiples lines of code
- Dealing with syntax errors
Chapter 2: Variables
- What variables are and how they store data
- Using variables to code parts of your own game, such as to work out player health and damage your player deals
- Different types of variables: numbers, strings and booleans
- Undefined variables
Chapter 3: Comparisons
<, >, =, !=, and other operators with booleans to compare values within your game
- Increments and decrements
- Using if statements to work out if your player survives in your game
- If-else statements
Chapter 4: Loops
- How for-loops are used to save time coding
- How loops work, and using each parameter to get your output
- Challenge: Creating your own loop to discover who is entitled to retirement based on their age
Chapter 1: Arrays
- Counting in programming
- Accessing arrays
- Array length with the
- Updating arrays
- Filling in arrays with the
- Removing elements with the
- For-of syntax
Chapter 2: Functions
- Functions with multiple parameters
- Scope and global scope within functions
- Using Boolean logic within functions
- Pure functions
- Creating your own code to: calculate Fahrenheit to Celsius, convert hours to seconds, check who should be allowed to be served drinks in a bar, and find the maximum length of an array
Chapter 3: Objects
- How objects can hold strings, numbers and booleans
- Nesting properties inside objects
- How objects have methods which can change the properties of their objects
- Object property names — keys
Chapter 4: Challenges
- Writing a function to sum all numbers from 1 to n
- Writing functions to remove all of certain type from an array
- Calculating the factorial of a number
- Writing a function to calculate the area of a rectangle
- Concatenating strings together using a function
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between Basic and Pro?
Qvault Pro has everything in Basic, plus all the advanced tools, content, solutions, and certifications that you need to make your learning faster.
A Pro account lets you practice much more efficiently by getting instant verification of all your code solutions. If you get stuck, you can use the “cheat” feature to take a look at the solution and quickly see what’s holding you up.
Additionally, one of the biggest benefits our Pro subscribers get is access to free certificates of completion when they finish a course. Showing off your work to employers is a quick way to get that high-paying tech job
For a full list of the differences between Pro and Basic, view our Pricing page.
Do you offer any discounts?
Our top priority is improving the courses, the app, and your experience — so your feedback is super valuable to us.
If you’re happy to help us keep improving our courses to be the best they can be, we’re currently offering a 25% discount to anyone who completes this feedback form. When you’re finished with the survey you’ll be given a coupon code!
If you have some coding experience already you may wish to start at part 2 of the course, or you may be interested in coding in a more advanced language like Go, which we teach in our Go Mastery courses.
Why should I upgrade to Qvault Pro?
Aside from the direct benefits, if you like what we’re building here at Qvault, your support helps us improve the platform.
How easy is it to cancel my subscription if I don’t like it?
We do our best to be transparent about pricing, and never want anyone keeping a subscription they don’t use. You can cancel your subscription any time from your settings page and you won’t be billed again.